kulith Pithale/Horsegram Curry
1/2 cup horsegram flour( kulith pith), 1 medium size onion, 3- 4 medium hot green chillies, 1-2 dried kokam halves, 2- 3tbsp grated fresh coconut, coriander leaves, 4-5 curry leaves, 4-5 tbsp. oil, pinch of mustard and cumin seeds, pinch of termeric, 4 cups of water, salt to taste.
How to make
- Chop onion and coriander leaves.
- Cut chilies in cylindrical shape.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan or kadhai.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves followed by chilies, when seeds start cracking.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion turns pink, transparent.
- Add pinch of turmeric and water.
- Add kokam and bring the whole content to boil.
- When bubbles start coming on the surface, at this point, gradually add horsegram flour.
- Stir continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Boil it for another 5- 10 min. till desired consistency (it should not be too thick or too watery).
- Add salt to taste
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with rice.
Red chillies can be used instead of green chillies. And garlic cab be used instead of onion.